Welcome to World Heart Day 2018
World Heart Day (WHD) plays a vital role in the World Heart Federation’s mission to connect and co-ordinate the diverse cardiovascular community.
This year’s theme is about celebrating and connecting like-minded people.
There are many risk factors associated with heart disease. Factors like family history cannot be modified, but other risk factors like high blood pressure, can be modified with treatment. The more risk factors you have, the greater the likelihood that you may develop cardiovascular disease (CVD).
Modifiable risk factors include:*
• Physical Inactivity
• Unhealthy diet
• Raised blood pressure
• Tobacco use
• Obesity and being overweight
Non-modifiable risk factors include:*
• Family history
Other common non-modifiable risk factors include:*
• Age: Simply getting old is a risk factor for CVD; risk of stroke doubles every decade after age 55.
• Gender: Your gender is significant: as a man you are at greater risk of heart disease than a pre-menopausal woman. But once past the menopause, a woman’s risk is similar to a man’s. Risk of stroke is similar for men and women.
• Ethnicity: Your ethnic origin plays a role. People with African and Asian ancestry are at higher risks of developing CVD than other racial groups.
• Socioeconomic status: Being poor, no matter where in the globe, increases your risk of heart disease and stroke. A chronically stressful life, social isolation, anxiety and depression also increase the risk.
An easy way to keep your heart healthy is to incorporate supplements with heart-healthy ingredients into your diet:
- Holistic Way Omega-3 contains 1000mg of Premium Deep Sea Cold Water Fish Oil is molecularly distilled, a natural source of high strength EPA and DHA. With 400mg of EPA and 200mg of DHA per softgel, it helps support a healthy heart and improve eyes and brain functions. Cold Pressed Natural Vitamin E is an antioxidant that may help to scavenge free radicals in body.
- Holistic Way Premium Omega 3-6-9 1200mg contains essential fatty acids like Omega-3, Omega-6 and Omega-9 that helps the maintenance of good health including healthy skin, hair and nails, cardiovascular system, immune health, nervous system health, brain health and for producing energy.
- Holistic Way Co-Q10 150mg Cell Energizer contains Co-enzyme Q10, a substance found in the cells and muscles of the body, particularly the heart. Co-Q10 may improve energy production by supporting the synthesis of ATP, the body’s main energy molecule. It is a powerful and potent anti-oxidant. Co-Q10 acts like an energy carrier molecule that continuously goes through oxidation-reduction cycle.
- Holistic Way Premium Quality Odourless Super Garlic 20,000mg is a high strength formulation made from Odourless Garlic Extract. Garlic supports the immune system thus increasing the body’s resistance to harmful outside elements. Garlic has been used to support the circulatory system specifically the heart and blood.
- Holistic Way Omega-3 Premium Fish Oil 1000mg is a naturally-sourced, safe and pure Omega-3 fatty acid that contains EPA and DHA which helps support a healthy cardiovascular system, eyes and brain health.
- JR Life Sciences Omega-3 1500mg is a premium high strength Fish Oil sourced from anchovies and sardines. The Fish Oil is mercury tested to ensure purity and quality. Fish Oil is an excellent source of Omega-3 Essential Fatty Acids which provide many known health benefits. Each softgel contains 50% more Omega-3 than a regular 1000mg Fish Oil.
- JR Life Sciences Omega-3 Fish Oil 1000mg contains a standard strength of formulation which is sourced from fresh deep sea cold water anchovy, sardine and mackerel. It is natural, pure, heavy metals tested and safe for consumption. The standardization of fish oil provides 180mg EPA and 120mg DHA per softgel in supporting general health.
Holistic Way Co-Q10 150mg (30 Vegetarian Capsules) Add to cartHolistic Way Odourless Super Garlic (60 Vegetarian Capsules) Read moreHolistic Way Omega 3-6-9 1200mg (100 Softgels) Add to cartHolistic Way Omega-3 1000 mg (with MEG-3) (150 Softgels) Add to cartHolistic Way Omega-3 1000mg (60 Softgels) Add to cartJR Life Sciences High Strength Omega-3 1500mg (240 Softgels) Add to cart
Prepared by Nutritionist Jen on 25 Sept 2018